[linux-audio-dev] "LADSPA2" naming redux

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 4 08:11:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 08:57:54 +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Dave Robillard wrote:
> >
> >This is a good point.  The POD line is _VERY_ well known, and given that
> >plugins can be effects or guitar amp models etc (ie the domain is
> >similar) I wouldn't be surprised if Line6's lawyers had something to say
> >about it once they find out.
> >
> >-DR-
> >

> OPOD - Open POD
>
> The file extensions could be .opd

I had a very very similar idea: OpenPOD, OPOD being a non-cannonical
abbreviation, extension .opod.

By my own metric is level 3/0 crapness :)

There are a bunch of openpod/oped things, none of them are relevant though
(I expexted a bunch of mp3 player related stuff, but no). Openpod.org is
a free software news site. Because it's $word$word we'd
have to go for a slightly crap TLD.

I think I like it, but it's not ultra-stellar-fantastic.

Before anyone suggests it, FreePod is a piece of windows malware amongst
other things :)

- Steve