[linux-audio-dev] Re: "LADSPA2" naming redux

carmen ix at replic.net
Sun May 7 19:35:37 UTC 2006

On Sun May 07, 2006 at 02:33:44PM +0200, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> Well, it does seem heavily Steve Jobs influenced... Of course it's hard
> to please everybody but personally I just love to see some really
> original stuff perhaps even with a little penguin appeal. PLUX was
> really good for that one IMHO...

PLEX was also the name of a (imo nausea inducing) VST plugin from Steinberg. imo the name is not important at all. as long as the plugins are ubiquitous, users will just be able to use them without thinking "does this host support LADSPA2? how aobut REduzPlug? V(f)ST?). tons of people use Ubuntu without knowing what GlibC or GTK are...