[linux-audio-dev] Todays changes to "LADSPA2" strawman

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 8 08:07:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:32:06 +0200, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> > I mean the linker should do it. If you dynamically build the plugin
> > against a stub library and the host exports something with the same ABI, I
> > /think/ the plugin should have the host's version of the function in its
> > namespace.
>
> this is not TRUE on windows.
> otherwise yes.

Ah, well thats kind of important. I understand that Windows is quite
popular in some places? ;)

Is there some equivalent mechanism that lets dlloaded plugins dig function
pointers out of the the host? Thier public symbol linking system is
backward too from what I remember.

I don't think theres any reason to stop Windows users being able to share
the love, should they so choose. I used to get a lot of mail asking for
advice on how to compile my plugins on Windows until I put a note on the
website saying I couldn't help.

- Steve