[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LAC-Konzertreport auf SWR2 15.5. 23h (German only)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 16 10:52:12 UTC 2006

Hallo,
Michael Iber hat gesagt: // Michael Iber wrote:

> unfortunately, for legal reasons it is not possible to make the
> audio-data public. I discussed this with the broadcast station before,
> and their lawyers said definitely: no.

The background is GEMA. Working for the website of a public radio in
Germany myself (www.dradio.de) I know these issues a bit. We have a
very big audio on demand section on our website (and Ogg streaming
btw.) but we have to or at least try hard to filter out everything
that is music or radio play. Only words allowed.  Of course the
authors get paid additional money if their work is also offered as a
download, which is another issue to consider.

Ciao