[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Sonic Visualiser: An application for audio visualisation and analysis

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue May 23 11:11:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 11:49, Stéphane Letz wrote:
> Why do you do a static with libjack?  I was thinking jack was
> supposed to always be used with a shared lib version...

Well, what is the proper solution when distributing a binary?

 1. Link libjack statically
 2. Omit JACK support

Just linking dynamically isn't an option.  I want to fall back on
another output if JACK is absent, not fail to start at all.

I suppose there may be

 3. dlopen libjack from within the program and continue if it fails

I haven't tried that; is it a reasonable option?

Chris