[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] aubio 0.3.0

Paul Brossier piem at altern.org
Tue May 23 16:18:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 03:34:27PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Paul Brossier hat gesagt: // Paul Brossier wrote:
>
> > The latest version of aubio, 0.3.0, is now available. aubio is a library
> > for audio labelling. The goal of this project is to provide automatic
> > feature extraction algorithms to other audio software projects. Features
> > include onset detection, beat tracking, and pitch detection. Functions
> > can be used offline in sound editors and software samplers, or online in
> > audio effects and virtual instruments.
> >
> > This release features several changes:
> >
> >     * new pitch detection method, yinfft
> >     * new beat tracking algorithm (improved from 0.2.0)
> >     * new puredata external
>
> Hoohoo, wonderful, works great with Pd!

Great to know it works there too :)

> Minor nitpick: Generally help-patches in Pd nowadays follow the naming
> convention: "NAME-help.pd" instead of "help-NAME.pd" as in the
> aubio-distribution.  Maybe you can change this in future versions.

Ah, thanks for noticing! This will be fixed in the next release.

I sent the announcement to pd-announce too, with this about the external:

This release features several changes and includes a Puredata external,
containing 5 objects:

  * aubiopitch~  pitch tracking object, similar to fiddle~ and pick~
  * aubioonset~  onset detection, similar to bonk~
  * aubiotempo~  beat tracking
  * aubiotss~    transient / steady state separation (experimental)
  * aubioquiet~  simple silence detector

Not all aubio features are available from PD yet, but onset and pitch
detection routines should be more robust than other existing externals.

Bye, Paul