[linux-audio-dev] crossplatform atomics

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed May 24 15:41:59 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Maarten de Boer <mdeboer at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a cross-platform implementation of an atomic
> integer.
>
> Under Linux, a build an c++ class "atomic" around asm/atomic.h,
> (which I can use as if it where an int), but I'd like to have a
> solution that also works on Windows XP and Mac OS X.

PortAudio developer Ross Bencina has started a new project to
address this need, including a set of lock-free algorithms based
on the atomic primitives.

   http://www.audiomulch.com/~rossb/code/lockfree/liblfds/

I believe this will be very useful to many audio developers.
But, it is still in early stages of design.  There are pointers to
existing implementations in this Wiki...

  http://works.music.columbia.edu/LFDS
--
 joq