[linux-audio-dev] precise event timer examples (HPET?)

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Tue May 30 03:13:33 UTC 2006

Does anyone have any examples that use HPET (or any other high
resolution event) timers?  I've built HPET support into my kernel but
I cannot figure out how to compile the example given in the
documentation :
/usr/src/linux-2.6.12/Documentation/hpet.txt
I have searched the web and I cannot quite figure out how people use these.
I'd like to have micro-second precision and I'm wondering if there is
a better way then polling the time of day?

Thanks,
Alex Norman