[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Faust Online

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:39:59 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, Orlarey Yann <orlarey at grame.fr> wrote:
> Paul Coccoli a écrit :
> > Here's pkg-config on my FC4:
> >
> > [pcoccoli at tuttle ~]$ pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0
> > -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm
> > -lpangoxft-1.0 -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0
> > -ldl -lglib-2.0
> >
> > Unless you statically link the generated apps, I don't think you can
> > really expect them to run everywhere.
> > libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => not found
> Unfortunately I don't have any explanation (and no FC4 to try to
> reproduce your problem here). Anyone else with similar problems with gtk
> binaries ?

Not to drag things out, but the problem isn't really with FC4.  Anyone
who doesn't have libpangocairo installed will not be able to run those
binaries.  Period.  You said the compiler server isn't linking the
binaries against that lib, but I just don't see how that's possible.
Run strings on the binaries; you'll see.

Anyway, don't spend any time on it on my behalf; I was just curious
about how it could produce working binaries.

I'd rather install faust and build things myself anyway...