[linux-audio-dev] [admin] new linux-audio-* maintainer wanted...

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:40:30 UTC 2006

On 11/10/06, Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de> wrote:
> hi everyone!
>

> over the last couple of months, i have not been able to tend to the
> lists very much - moderation latency on laa was sometimes as high as 5
> days while i was on tour... sorry for that.
>
> since my workload is not likely to go down in the future, and since i
> have unfortunately lost some touch with the linux audio community (i
> haven't actually read the lists very much lately, as my main occupations
> were live audio and [YUCK!] web development), i'd like to pass on the
> baton of the list maintainer.
>
> a few months ago, some people have already volunteered - please drop me
> a mail again, i may have lost the old ones.
> if you think about taking on the job: we have 3 lists,
> linux-audio-[dev|user|announce], all run by mailman on a darwin server
> at columbia university, new york. you can have shell access on that box
> for admin tasks, and there is a neat web interface for common admin
> jobs. basic understanding of mail-related rfcs is certainly helpful, but
> i'm not exactly a mail god myself and found the job not too daunting :)
>
> some good spam filter will certainly help with the job - the admin
> addresses are getting spammed so heavily that i can't really process
> them anymore.
>
> please speak up if you're interested.
>

> best regards,
>

> jörn

Hi,

 I could give a hand there. I am system engineer for Nokia in France.
I'm used to working on distant UNIX servers. I have good experience
with mail servers, big clustered system and other things like that.
And more importantly, I could handle a spam filter if needed ;-)

 If being outside the US is not an issue, drop me an email, I'll be
glad to help.