[linux-audio-dev] Gaussian Mixture Models

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 13:30:20 UTC 2006

On 10/4/06, Yosvany Llerena Rodríguez <yosvanyllr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm student of Telecommunication Systems and my ending homework  is
> related about GMM's - EM algorith for classification. My searchs in
> IEEE I found a few papers but this paper are just a resume of the
> technique and I need a Detailed information to develop the full
> algorithm in C/C++...

This has nothing to do with linux or even audio development... I
shouldn't answer, but anyway:

 Implementing EM for GMM is not really difficult by reading some good
paper on EM (the master thesis here is quite well done, actually, with
extension using variationel Bayes methods for reinforcement
learning:http://www.cs.ubc.ca/grads/resources/thesis/Nov03/Kejie_Bao.pdf#search=%22kejie%20bao%22
). There is an implementation of EM for finite GMM in python available
here:

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/pyem.tar.gz

which handles both diagonal and full covariance matrices.

David