[linux-audio-dev] Paper on dynamic range compression

Andres Cabrera andres at geminiflux.com
Thu Oct 5 03:51:08 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I've written a paper analyzing the characteristics of some software
dynamic range compressors. The interesting part concerning linux, is
that all my results show jaggedness on the gain reduction curves. I did
the tests using Ardour, Audacity and Rezound with the same results,
which points to something strange in some part of the process.
If you're interested, have a look a the paper, and let me know what you
think.

http://www.geminiflux.com/Stuff/Cabrera-Compression.pdf

Cheers,
Andrés