[linux-audio-dev] question about a c++ error

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Oct 11 22:05:18 UTC 2006

Greetings:

This is perhaps a bit OT (or more than a bit). I'm eager to work with a
new macro for Open Office that inserts LilyPond-encoded music fragments
into an OOo document, but I've hit an unusual snag. The macro is
installed correctly, but when I try to use it I receive this error:

'std::logic_error'
what():basic_string::_S_construct
           NULL not valid

It almost looks poetic. :)

Alas, Google wasn't much help, and the author of the macro has no idea
why this error results (his code contains no C++). Can any C++ guru here
shed any light on the how/what/why of the error ? Maybe even suggest a
fix ?

LilyPond 2.8.4, OOo 2.03, and I'll be happy to supply any other needed
information.

And yes, the error has been posted on the LP dev list.

Best,

dp