[linux-audio-dev] about MIDI timing...

Chris Cannam chris.cannam at ferventsoftware.com
Wed Oct 25 16:28:28 UTC 2006

Me:
> I'm not aware of anyone these days successfully
> using Rosegarden with snd-rtctimer - if anyone out
> there is, do say so.

To test:

* start RG (version 1.0 or newer)
* go to Settings -> Configure Rosegarden -> Sequencer -> Synchronisation
* change the sequencer timing source option to RTC
* close configuration window, press play.

It probably doesn't matter whether you have a file
loaded or not.

Success -> play pointer moves smoothly
Failure -> system locks up solid, reboot required.

If it does lock up, you may need to edit your
rosegardenrc to restore the timer setting before
you can run RG again.

Chris