[linux-audio-dev] logomania redux

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Sep 3 13:01:09 UTC 2006

Greetings:

I've been adding some logos to the top page at linux-sound.org, and I
thought it might be time to make some remarks regarding them.

Some are nice, some are very cool, and some are pretty awful. The logo
for LilyPond really needs an update, and where is Ardour's bitchin' cool
logo ? Some need titles (IMO), such as Aeolus, Common Music, LilyPond,
ChucK, Dino, and Khagan. I'm not a graphic artist, and I'm not going to
go through the process of overlaying titles. If the devs for those apps
are happy with the logos, that's perfectly cool by me, but IMO it's
better to have a title.

Some other logos are in need of an update, e.g. PlanetCCRMA, LAU, and
RTcmix. Is Thorsten our only graphic artist, or does anyone else here
have good graphics skills ?

I'm sure I'm missing logos for other apps. If you have an application
listed on linux-sound.org, please contact me if you'd like to add a logo
to the top page.

Best,

dp