[linux-audio-dev] Voice and pitch recog libraries

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Sep 15 12:12:02 UTC 2006

"Stephen Sinclair" <radarsat1 at gmail.com> writes:

> Voice and pitch recognition are two very different things! :)
> Since you mention ear training I assume you really mean pitch recognition...
> One of the best-known pitch estimators is the "fiddle~" object for Pd!
>
> http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/pd/extra/fiddle~/
>
> The nice thing about Pd is that it should be easy to extend it into an
> "ear training utility" with a few mouse clicks. :)
>
> (And it is cross-platform..)

BTW, if anyone knows of a relatively simple way to develop some
ear-training tools for text-mode only users, please let me know.
Spending 30 minutes a day for some structured ear-training
is something that is on my TODO list since 4 years now, but
Solfege never really accepted the idea of being friendly to the blind,
and I never found anything else.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-