[LAD] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

David Froseth dfro at umich.edu
Mon Apr 16 19:49:08 UTC 2007

	I built a computer to run Linux and Ardour.  I installed a GeForce 7300
GS video card in it.  With help from Paul Davis and others on this
forum, I was able to get jack/ardour/hydrogen/etc working.  However,
xruns problems make these programs unusable.  I think the video card is
causing the xruns, because they go away after about 15 seconds of no
motion with the mouse or files in the GUI.  As soon as I move the mouse
or open a popup menu or anything else, the xruns return and sequire
several seconds to go away.
	With this card I am also getting long streams when I move things around
on the Windows desktop.  The ghosting also happens in Ubuntu, but is not
as severe.
	I have read a little about changing interrupt priority at
http://lowlatency.linuxaudio.org/ , but I could use some guidance and
opinions on what to do.
	I plan on installing Ubuntu Studio when it comes out in a couple of days.

	I have a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 mobo and a Pentium D-930 processor.

Thanks