[LAD] New Post or what ...

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Sat Apr 21 17:24:24 UTC 2007

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 12:05:02PM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 01:53 -0700, Xavier Amatriain wrote:
>
> > Incidentally, my main project right now is the design of such a dome
> > (actually it is a complete sphere, which
> > will have 500+ speakers):
> >
> > http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/allosphere
> >

> Whoa ... Me thinks you have more impressive hardware than the Pope!
> :-D

The system at TU Berlin is 105 pannels. Each pannel is fed 8 channels.
Each channel has 3 small drivers and groups of 4 channels are mixed
down to 2 larger low frequency drivers. So:
105 * ( (8*3) + 2) = 2730 total loudspeakers.

You can see most of the room here:
http://www.kgw.tu-berlin.de/~lac2007/TUfotos.shtml

There was a photo there of the whole room before (several panoramics
stitched together.) Not sure if it's still up somewhere for viewing.

-Eric Rz.