[LAD] Golden Ears wanted

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Aug 7 08:25:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 09:36:31AM +0300, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:

> Why did you resample to 48 kHz instead of 96 kHz?

Three reasons:

- It's a very common case.

- It's a considerably more difficult one than upsampling to 96 kHz.
  If you work out where the first aliased image ends up, then for
  44->48 most of it is in the audible range, while for 44->96 all
  of it ends up above 22 kHz.

- My web space is limited, and 96 kHz would double the files sizes !

> I'd imagine the differences would show up better that way,

Considering the second point above, it's quite the inverse.

Ciao,

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !