[LAD] "enhanced event port" LV2 extension proposal

Krzysztof Foltman wdev at foltman.com
Mon Dec 3 08:52:29 UTC 2007

Dave Robillard wrote:

> Though that's starting to sound like we're implementing a symbol
> system... probably going to be wanting one of those at some point
> regardless.  Is that what this really is? (probably doesn't affect
> implementation much, just a hypothetical question).

Well, it's just atoms. Like in X, or Windows DDE.

> If it is just for URIs, we could maybe take advantage of prefixes and
> save some space in that table?  lv2:Plugin is a lot nicer to deal with
> in all cases than http://lv2plug.in/ns/spec/lv2core#Plugin....

I'd prefer it to be kept general, but that's just me. After all, that
memory will not be used except during plugin load or reconfiguration.

Maybe it's that I can't imagine how would prefix-based mapping work
reliably (would every URI be first turned into prefix form, then stored
or looked up in the table?).

Krzysztof