[LAD] "enhanced event port" LV2 extension proposal

Krzysztof Foltman wdev at foltman.com
Wed Dec 5 19:38:40 UTC 2007

Lars Luthman wrote:
> Yeah, if it's sorted. I don't really think it's needed though, iterating
> through a couple of hundreds of strings (in extreme cases) isn't that
> much work to do at instantiation time.

Well, let's imagine we need to find 50 URIs in the pool of 200. How many
strcmps is that?

Extreme example, I know. But if it's going to be used as generic
URI-to-int translation (not just event type-related), then who knows.

Why decide to use something which has O(M*N) and not O(M*log(N)) (or
even O(M)) average complexity, if the difference in amount of work for
plugin developers is hardly noticable?

Krzysztof