[LAD] Linux Dobly Digital Live (DDL) sound cards?

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Dec 17 02:45:07 UTC 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007 11:04:15 am Nathanael Anderson wrote:
> Does anyone know if any of the cards that support Dolby Digital live (DDL)
> have linux support including the DDL support. I couldn't really find
> mention of linux DDL support anywhere.

You might want to check out some of the offerings from AudioScience:

	http://www.audioscience.com/

IIRC, some of the older (4000 series) cards have support for AC2.  The full
product line is supported under Linux (both HPI and ALSA).

Cheers!

|   Some people call them "cars" or "trucks"; I call them "dimensional    |
|   transmogrifiers" because they change three-dimensional cats into      |
|   two-dimensional ones.                                                 |
|                                         -- F. Frederick Skitty          |