[linux-audio-dev] Sample Rate Conversion in Linux (Newby)

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Feb 4 02:20:41 UTC 2007

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

> Which algorithm/library/program is used for sample rate conversion by
> cdrecord in Linux?

No sure about cdrecord.

> Other programs?

Ardour, Sweep, Audacity (I think), ecasound and any other program
that cares about quality sample rate conversion uses the Rabbit:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/

> I assume there is a library to
> perform this function, which is used by most utilities, xmms, amarok,
> cdrecord, audacity, etc.  Is there any easy way to find this out?

    ldd <program name>

If you see libsamplerate.so.0 there the <program name> uses the Rabbit.

If cdrecord doesn't use the Rabbit, then you can use the command line
sample rate converter (sndfile-resample) included in the Rabbit source
code. In Debian/Ubuntu there us a precompiled binary in the
samplerate-programs package.

HTH,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo