[linux-audio-dev] [completely OT] c++ and UTF-8 question

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Tue Feb 20 22:48:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 22:29 +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
>   I'm sorry to ask that here, but it seems I can't get an anser anywhere else.
>   Does the libstdc++ support UTF-8 strings?

It does indeed; there is std::wstring, std::wostringstream, std::wcout,
etc, etc.  In Stroustrup, they appear to be defined along with the char
types; ie, I don't think you need to declare that you want them in
addition.

I'd warn you, though, that mixing std::wcout and std::cout seems to do
Bad Things.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>