[linux-audio-dev] audiogui

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Wed Feb 28 09:29:41 UTC 2007

Loki Davison wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Pieter Palmers <pieterp at joow.be> wrote:
>> Loki Davison wrote:
>> it's just

>> which
>> >>

>> > wow... a sort of widget system for audio gui's....
>> > http://phat.berlios.de http://khagan.berlios.de
>> The "renders panels from stylesheets" is what I am referring to. Phat is
>>   has very nice widgets, but AFAIK it stops before the container level.
>> That's where the widget 'system' comes in: a system that manages widgets
>> such that you don't have to care about that. Just write a UI description
>> and have the system generate the UI for you (at run time).
>>
>> That would allow to concentrate on the coding and have someone else
>> figure out the best UI layout. Or have people customize their layout.
>>

>> Pieter
>>

> I kinda thought that's what khagan does. Allows users to build there
> own UI or let a layout designer build it. Thus why i gave both links.

I would expect that you know it better than me ;) So you're most
probably right. The only 'issue' I have is that it seems to force you to
use OSC as a control protocol. But then again, that might be a good thing...

Pieter

PS: does anyone know where I can 'GPL' an decent OSC server
implementation in C++?