[linux-audio-dev] Wiki for Linux Sound & MIDI Software

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Feb 28 17:36:34 UTC 2007

With ongoing preparation to "Integrate End User and Developer Resources
at linuxaudio.org" (workshop @ LAC2007) we are proud to announce a first
version of Dave's linux-sound application index as public-wiki:

http://apps.linuxaudio.org/

this is by far no cute end-user resource portal yet, but a first
step in merging data and setting up a prototype back-end!

We are looking for interested people to contribute at various levels and
suggest to use the mailing list for general discussion while keeping
dokuwiki and style related requests at
http://apps.linuxaudio.org/wiki:open_discussion

Further [major] back-end development on http://apps.linuxaudio.org/ will
probably not happen until LAC2007, but we are interested to tweak the
look and feel, fix bugs, and collect feedback.

We're also looking for qualified LAU's and LAD's to verify and maintain
the current content with editor privileges, responsibilities and deeds.

next up: docs.linuxaudio.org:
  - static documentation (docbook, LateX, [x]html)
  - slides and presentations (PDF, ps, png jpg,..??)
  - music (collaborate with or outsource to freesound et al.)
  - include (external?) video presentations, movies, etc
  - source code (coding examples: wiki-page; svn-mirror/server ??)

for each hosted documentation there will be an option for user
annotation(s). eg. wiki-discussion page, blog-comments,
email-notify[-mailing-list]?  - some of it will be merged with
apps.linuxaudio.org which will provide automatic indexing; details
remain to be discussed.

some of the intended supported formats imply moderation / maintained
upload or installation of static documentation. - the ring of
maintainers could evolve with key-signatures, and parts of the system
may become completely open. - suggestions:
http://apps-devel.linuxaudio.org/wiki:suggest_doc

ico & robin