[linux-audio-dev] Simple music sequencer/sample player (drummmachine?)

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Wed Jan 3 21:09:57 UTC 2007

On Wed Jan 03, 2007 at 03:45:31PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 16:28 -0500, kind king knight wrote:
> > I need a framework of a sequenced sample player. This is becouse I want
> > to start my own project,

libzzuvb is probably closest to what you describe. you could also hack together dino|seq24 with chionic|specimen, anything heftier (eg, wired, LMMS, hydrogen) is likely to be more annoynig to extract

 and don't want to invent everything from
> > scratch. Ofcourse there is lot of this kind opensource applications, but
> > I need the simplest.
> > - It should use only /dev/dsp
>
> /dev/dsp represents a deprecated interface.
>
> moreover, what happens when someone wants to route the output of your
> cool, modified mod player through FreqTweak or jack_convolve?
>
> pro audio/music apps need JACK.... or at least their users do.

zzub only uses portaudio, which has a horrible track record with connecting to jack.. although i guess theyve imported the portaudio tree and applied some patches that might help..i dont knmow, aldrin has failed to compile here for some time.. (since v0.2 or so)