[linux-audio-dev] Simple music sequencer/sample player (drummmachine?)

Frank Neumann beachnase at web.de
Thu Jan 4 22:30:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:47:40 +0100
David Olofson <david at olofson.net> wrote:

> Well, it's not a single file, it's got a very minimalistic tracker
> style GUI, and it's using SDL, but it does what it does in about the
> simplest but (hopefully) correct way:
>
> 	http://olofson.net/mixed.html		(DT-42)
> 	http://olofson.net/download/DT-42-0.1.0.tar.gz

[..]

> Way ahead of you...! :-D I wrote DT-42 almost exactly a year ago.

Hey, that's a *nice* little app :-). What about adding JACK audio&transport
control? Ah, it's in the Todo already :-).

No, honestly - I enjoyed toying around with it for a while just now. Ok, the
waveform display appears rather heavy on the CPU, but it looks so beautifully
retro, and you even honoured the golden rule of "thou shalt enclose some good
examples with your application". Luv it :)

Thanks,
Frank