[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] EEL 0.1.11 released

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Sat Jan 6 01:31:01 UTC 2007

EEL 0.1.11 released
-------------------
    Here we go again! Been throwing a whole lot of new code and
    new problems at EEL since the last release, and as you can
    see, we've skipped two public releases. This was part due to
    lack of time, and part because there were stability issues I
    wanted to deal with before making a public release. Most
    interesting changes from 0.1.8:

        * All relevant VM instructions can now handle up
          to 65536 constants.
        * Compiling large files with line number debug
          info is now a lot faster.
        * for i=N, N-1 ... will no longer iterate once.
        * 64 bit pointer issue in relocate_limbo() fixed.
        * Fixed octal number escape parsing in strings.
        * A bunch of improvements to the EELBox GUI
          toolkit. (Sorry about the current lack of
          serious examples...)
        * Added a DSP module, with FFT, polynomial
          evaluation etc.
        * Minor audio API improvements (mono samples and
          vector support.
        * Vectors and arrays can now be sliced, and...
        * ...slice() has been renamed copy(), to avoid
          confusion with an upcoming language feature.
        * MIDI input support. (Very basic and ALSA only,
          for now.)
        * A bunch of new example/test scripts. (Hey,
          fftsynth.eel is almost interesting! ;-)
        * Various bug fixes and code cleanups.

ChangeLog:
    http://eel.olofson.net/ChangeLog