[linux-audio-dev] Recommended books for new audio developers

Damien Cirotteau damien.cirotteau at agnula.org
Tue Jan 16 14:11:24 UTC 2007

I would also recommend

   Introduction to Sound Processing
   by Davide Rocchesso (2003, 236 pages)

It is less know than your 2 references but still is very good.
It is not targeted to developers but cover your requirements
and other sound processing related subjects (plus some useful
mathematical fundamentals) As for coding there are some Matlab
examples.

This book has also the great advantage to be published under a Creative
Commons Attribution Share-Alike license and can be downloaded for free
at:
http://profs.sci.univr.it/~rocchess/htmls/corsi/SoundProcessing/SoundProcessingBook/vsp.pdf

You should [0] also be able to order a printed version on the publisher
website:
http://www.mondo-estremo.com/publications/publications/public.html

damien

[0] But I am not very sure that the publisher is still running.
Otherwise contact the author (his email is in the pdf)