[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD/LAU/LAA/Consortium/...

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:51:51 UTC 2007

On 1/19/07, Leonard Ritter <contact at leonard-ritter.com> wrote:
> i don't see why we need to "move" to forums. mailing lists and forums
> have a different target audience and purpose.
>
> however i strongly support a linux audio related forum - especially for
> people new to the subject or searching for help (right now they turn up
> on irc in order to make fools out of themselves), an aggregation of
> knowledge in form of organizable threads that can be browsed wouldn't be
> such a terrible idea.
>
> "we need one because others have one" is a stupid argument. there are
> far better arguments for a forum.
>
> i think all that is needed is someone with some (security related)
> experience with forums and enough time to set it up and moderate - i am
> convinced ico or whoever is responsible for la.org will happily provide
> resources for such an experiment.

Ok, Apparently forum addicts have decided to hijack this thread
though, the original question was : do you want LA* _lists_ (LIST is
the keyword here, can't stress it enough) to be moved to
linuxaudio.org.

I have noting against the idea of a forum, the people interested in
this are free to build and maintain one and eventually discuss it with
Ico. I'm sure