[linux-audio-dev] Sound processing objects architecture, is it possible?

Dmitry Baikov dsbaikov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:51:41 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good point! This is true, but there are lots of sound processing
> plugins around, so maybe instead of creating a new API and then apply
> some "compatibility layer", it should be better to create a wrapping
> tool natively. I think it should be also easier to expand.

Then, embrase LV2 and create LV2 plugins that will load VSTs, LADSPA
and anything you want.
Or if you want something not possible with LV2, write an extension proposal.

I think LV2 was designed as a very extendable API.
If it is not, in your opinion, then help the guys to improve it.

Regards,
Dmitry.