[linux-audio-dev] JACK data transfers

Stefano D'Angelo zanga.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:02:29 UTC 2007

Well... I know I'm quite a boring person, but I need some informations
for my project and so I'm going to stress you a bit ;-)
I'm wondering if JACK is suitable to transfer non-audio data beetween
applications (my particular case is to transfer control data to
processing plugins). Is that "naturally" possible, is it an hack or is
it impossible at all?
And another thing (I'm too lazy to check it out myself :-P): does jack
transfers data by copying or uses something like shared memory or
whatever?
Thanks is advance.

Stefano D'Angelo