[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA needs & wishes

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 13:01:04 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, Chris Cannam <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 27 Jan 2007 18:57, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> > Robert Jonsson <rj at spamatica.se> writes:
> > >
> > > And why should you code for a plugin standard that nothing
> > > supports? [...]
> >
> > nothing? i'm aware of 3 hosts that can host lv2 plugins.
>
> What are they?  Do they do anything else, besides host LV2 plugins?
>
> There does seem to be a habit here for people to describe things as
> "deprecated", when what they mean is they don't like them very much
> themselves, they no longer consider them state of the art, and there's
> a technically better alternative that isn't widely supported yet.  (The
> ALSA sequencer API is another current example.)  It's an arrogant and
> antisocial habit.

mmm. I'm sorry for my arrogant and antisocial habits. I had once again
a little bit of food poisioning or something and i'd just been hiking
near tibet and hadn't had a shower for 1 and half weeks. I was more
aiming at getting at there is not point in suggesting problems/issues
with the ladspa spec as it is no longer being developed. So either you
deal with it's downsides or you write LV2 plugins. It's not like i can
really talk as i haven't ported any of my own ladspa plugins to LV2.
As far as hosts go ingen supports lv2 and is a quite powerful host.
Then again no sequencer or DAW that i know of... ;)  then again i'm
quite out of the loop at the moment.

Loki

p.s i hope this doesn't come across as arrogant, your comments about
nothing may seem that way to the authors of those hosts.