[LAD] [ANN] New AlsaPlayer releases

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Thu Jul 12 22:07:48 UTC 2007

Le Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:53:59 +0200,
Wolfgang Woehl <tito at rumford.de> a écrit :

> Dienstag, 10. Juli 2007 22:32 Dominique Michel:
>
> > AlsaPlayer-0.99.80-rc2 is the new GTK2 release of this versatile audio
> > player.
>
> Great. Thank you, I'm using alsaplayer for years and I like its non-bloat
> approach a lot. Wish it could play more formats though, for example "rbs"
> (MPEG ADTS, layer III, v2,  32 kBits, 22.05 kHz, Monaural).

It is an initial (non working yet) commit for a ffmpeg input plugin in the svn:
http://alsaplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/alsaplayer/trunk/experimental/ffmpeg/

> > * Bug reports
>
> This one might qualify: alsaplayer seems to depend on file suffixes.
> Like "alsaplayer music.flac" plays ok. cp music.flac music -> "alsaplayer
> music" -> does not play.

I will add it in the TODO list. Feel free to fill a bug report on sourceforge.

> It might feel more natural if playback with negative speed (backwards) jumped
> backwards on file boundaries, not forward.

I don't know. We will discuss it.

> rc2's playlist now prints "Unknown" (alongside the filename) for untagged
> files which I have a lot of. I liked the old way better: gracefully ignore
> the absence of tags and print the filename only.

I agree. Will be on the TODO list too. But we will discuss it first. It must
be possible to make something better as to print the last folder name instead of
Unknown.

Thanks for reporting,
Dominique

> Frank's feature request ++
>
> Be good, Wolfgang

Dominique Michel

--
N.B.: Tous les emails que je reçois sont filtrés par spamassassin avant de me
parvenir.