[LAD] FULL audio-signal path

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Jul 23 16:46:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 06:16:31PM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> I also wonder ... Suppose channels 1 - 4095 were an orchestra of
> assorted, close miked vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, and channel 4096
> was a sole bagpiper. Would you then be able to figure out wether he is
> playing Auld Lang Syne or not?
>
> :)

Assuming the bagpipe makes as much noise as vacuum cleaner, it would
be at -36 dB below the assorted noise sources.

But you probably would if the vacuum cleaners are in stereo and the
bagpipe is panned in the middle (provided you know Auld Lang Syne :-).

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !