[LAD] APIC, IRQ's, and realtime

arisstotle.52613058 at bloglines.com arisstotle.52613058 at bloglines.com
Tue Jul 24 15:07:26 UTC 2007

I've been trying to get a kernel built that will run smoothly, but this is
the problem I keep running into, I compile the kernel with SMP processor support,
because my processor is a dual core (duh right?) but as some may know, this
automatically builds in APIC support. This then leads to unruly IRQ assignments,
in my case, a quick cat /proc/interrupts will almost allways show my soundcard
being shared with a usb port. of of course, to tease me even more, no assignment
on irq 5, i've tried the whole hop-scotch game with the pci slots, nothing
works.

Help?

-Thanks again