[LAD] intergrating osc

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Jul 27 08:06:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2007 schrieb Stephen Sinclair:
> > Associate each fader with a callback, or alternatively create a
> > generic_handler() type callback and use the "path" variable to
> > differentiate.  You could, for example, write a single callback, but
> > associate multiple messages to the same callback.  In the callback,
> > use "path" to figure out which fader has been specified.  It depends
> > how dynamic your program is.  If the number of faders is hard-coded,
> > it may be simpler to have a callback for each one.
> I should have mentioned here that of course you also have a
> "user_data" variable available for the callbacks.  So you can register
> the same callback function for several faders but differentiate them
> by sending a different pointer or index in the user_data variable for
> each fader.

Do you mean "fader <index> <value>" or "/fader <some_blob> <value>". Both
would work for separating gui/core but the second one makes it impossible to
use other osc-apps (like pd/etc.)...

Oh, another thing. If you use Qt4 for the Gui/Toolkit, there is ofqf (OSC for
Qt4, http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=node/573) which encapsulates osc over
udp in QObjects without external libraries (except for libofqf:).

Have a nice day,

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/