[LAD] swh plugins problem/addition

Steve Harris steve at plugin.org.uk
Sun Jul 29 17:22:27 UTC 2007

On 29 Jul 2007, at 12:58, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo Steve, list !
>
> I just noticed, that the "triple band parametric with shelves"
> LADSPA plugin generates a DC offset (tried version 0.4.15 and 0.4.14).
>
> The offset is not always the same: first when I create the plugin,
> there is no offset. Then I pressed play/stop (in ardour) and the DC
> offset was here - also the amount of the offset is somehow changing
> when I play with different parameters (but I did not find out a
> real correspondens).

That sounds like it could be related to denormals. They can build up
after you stop tracks, I'm not sure why it would have this effect
though.

> However, when I use the "Single band parametric" and the shelves
> alone I don't get an offest (which should be the same code ?).

The effect may be exaggerated with multiple stacked filters? Dunno.

> I also made some other small additions to your plugin collection:
>
> - single low and high shelving filters (see attached files): they
> are the same code as in "triple band parametric with shelves",
> because I often need only a single shelving filter
>
> - in the "single band parametric" the slider to change the
> frequency was linear, I changed this to logarithmic (file attached)
>
> Maybe you could include those plugins/changes in your collection,
> at least for me they are quite usefull.

Great, thanks. Do you think you could bundle up the changes into the
new files and a patch for the existing ones in a tarball? I'm off on
holiday tomorrow, but I'll incorporate it when I get back.

Cheers,
    Steve