[LAD] Re: [LAU] ReplyTo munging (Was: What hardware is actually used by freebob/ffado users?)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Jul 31 20:30:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:14:44PM +0200, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
> I strongly consider turning munging off on LAD and LAU. I know this
> might start some flames, but isn't it good free software philosophy to
> stick to the standards, especially when it comes to a recently
> reviewed RFC ?

+1

I used to like reply-to munging. But I've come to think that the risk
of accidentally posting private stuff in public greatly outweighs the
convenience of munging and the hassle of occasionally posting a
private reply by accident.  And you can get convenience by using a
non-broken client.

(For example, Mutt users can add to .muttrc:

lists linux-audio-dev at lists.linuxaudio.org
lists linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org

... and get in the habit of using "L" to reply to the list, or just
plain old "g" to reply-all.)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com