[LAD] jack disconnecting my app

Conrad Berhörster conrad.berhoerster at gmx.de
Wed Jun 13 23:21:12 UTC 2007

Hello all,

i have written an jackified application for a customer. the main application
play a couple of audiofiles (wav) with some effects and filters. Everything
works fine so far.

From time to time,  while loading some more files, jack disconnects my
application. the loading process is a seperated thread. i use the thread
implementation from wxWidgets, which uses pthreads.
Neither my app nor jack crashed, they are running but my app tell my
"zombified - calling shutdown handler"

the output of jack is.

---------------  schnipp
 bash-3.00#  /usr/local/bin/jackd --realtime -d alsa
jackd 0.100.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
nperiods = 2 for capture
nperiods = 2 for playback
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.662 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 4.624 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 4.950 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 68.566 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 48.265 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 4.413 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 6.883 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 126.050 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 62.059 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 51.514 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 12.643 msecs
subgraph starting at soundroom timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=9, status = 0,
state = Running)
-----------  schnipp

the xruns only appear while load sounds.

kernelversion is
Linux soundroom 2.6.15.6 #7 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 16 22:18:26 GMT 2006 i686
unknown unknown GNU/Linux

more /proc/asound/cards
0 [Gina3G         ]: Echo_Echo3G - Gina3G
                     Gina3G rev.0 (DSP56361) at 0xea000000 irq 50
1 [CK804          ]: NFORCE - NVidia CK804
                     NVidia CK804 with ALC850 at 0xea105000, irq 217
and i use the gina3G

and now the questions;
 - is there any way, to get more infos out off jack
 - any way to keep the app connected or a hint to avoid the disconnection
 - some days ago i testet the jack version 0.103, but jack uses 100% cpu
without any app. just starting qjackctl showed that.

thanks very much for some hints. c~