[LAD] [ann] CAPS 0.4.0

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Mon Jun 18 10:44:56 UTC 2007

[Paul Winkler]

>Good news!  I get a lot of use out of CAPS, and with each
>release it gets better.

Thanks, I'm very happy that CAPS has managed to build stable
friendships out there, despite being such a brat sometimes. :)

>Any chance the next Amp incarnation will include a presence control?
>I believe they work by controlling the amount of negative feedback in
>the power amp stage.

I think that it comes down to a relatively simple high-pass filter
(possibly resonant and/or shelving depending on the feedback network
configuration) but I'd have to do quite a bit of further reading and
circuit study to reach a definite conclusion.  It may not look like it
but I'm not really good at understanding electronics (in fact I think
I truly suck at it).

Tim