[LAD] simulating analog audio devices part II

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Jun 18 12:05:18 UTC 2007

Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:

Wow, your ltSpice simulation sounds really real! I hoped to get ngSpice
to do the same.

> Now days I am messing around with GNUCap and QUCS (http://qucs.sf.net)
> to which I just ported my first tube model whose plate voltage/grid
> current curves look like that:

great! looking forward to listening to those ;)

> Hopefully a way to inject wav files in both GNUCap and QUCS will come
> true as they both seem better than spice derived programs.

the sndfile&resample wrappers that I patched into ngSpice just work with
GNUCap and QUCS too. GNUCap is still quite unusable (segfaults on large
data sets) but I've elaborated on the QUCS hack - It's much slower
than ngSpice, but indeed more accurate (at least the timing); I'm still
to run some tests..  http://mir.dnsalias.com/oss/spicesound/qucs -
(highly experimental) - I did not get to clean it up last week as I
intended to and can't spare any time this week either.. - but I plan to
 revisit the issue properly over the summer.

keep in touch,
robin