[linux-audio-dev] variable audio stream ?

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Fri Mar 2 09:24:52 UTC 2007

After the bug fixes release of Alsaplayer, the hard work has begun. A
discussion comes on our todo list in regards with new input plugins.

We have an experimental wavpack plugin that constantly check the frame size.
Does anyone ever hear about streams with variable byte-per-sample and frequency
parameters (for example, at start it was 16bit/2ch/44100 but in the middle it
will be 24bit/5ch/48000)? (for wavpack or other formats as well)

Ciao,

Dominique