[linux-audio-dev] Getting out of the software game

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 17 00:40:56 UTC 2007

I've given up reading all the followups to this, which has (as you
surely expected) ended in a religious discussion about GPL vs. BSD
licenses.

But if, as I suspect, you hold the original copyright to whatever you've
GPLed, and have not given the rights over to the FSF, as some people do,
there's no reason to rewrite anything, except for technical reasons.
All you have to do is to re-release whatever you want to under a BSD
style license.

Of course, IANAL, so proceed at your own risk.

All the best - jon