[LAD] Re: [LAU] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Thu May 3 14:10:34 UTC 2007

Fist I'd like to say thank you for this app. Looks great, sounds great
and is GPL'd.

I'm getting this crash on exit

# gdb phasex
GNU gdb 6.4
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/bin/phasex
[New Thread -1220273680 (LWP 14448)]
[New Thread -1220277328 (LWP 14451)]
JACK tmpdir identified as [/tmp]
[New Thread -1230767184 (LWP 14453)]
[New Thread -1239159888 (LWP 14454)]
[New Thread -1260414032 (LWP 14455)]
[New Thread -1268806736 (LWP 14456)]
Thank you for using PHASEX!
(C) 1999-2007 William Weston <weston at sysex.net>
Released under the GNU Public License, Ver. 2
[Thread -1230767184 (LWP 14453) exited]
[Thread -1239159888 (zombie) exited]

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
[Switching to Thread -1260414032 (LWP 14455)]
0xb7f39410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7f39410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb7e3acf6 in pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#2  0x080518cc in engine_thread (arg=0x0) at engine.c:1125
#3  0xb7e383dd in start_thread (arg=0xb4df9bb0) at pthread_create.c:261
#4  0xb774bc8e in clone () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y

What is right way to enable debuging? I dont see --enable-debug to
configure and it seems to ignore CFLAGS. I modified generated Makefiles
to use -g -O0 to get the backtrace.

Have you considered using widgets from PHAT? I beleive there is no
difference between knobs you use and phatknobs. If there are
improvements chances are they shoud got in PHAT version too.

The thing I'm missing mostly now is JACK MIDI support.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>