[LAD] Re: [LAA] ANN: buzztard-0.2.0 released

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue May 8 17:41:26 UTC 2007

Hej Hector,
Hector Centeno wrote:
> Thanks Stefan,
>
> Yes, it was clear to me that the message was just a warning about the
> possibility of having a feature if I had the plugin installed. I have
> gstreamer-plugins-bad and seems to not include  Spectrum. I'll ask at
> the GStreamer IRC to find out.
I think it was first released in gst-plugin-bad-0.10.3. Please note that I can't
chakc for plugin-package versions at built-time as plugins can also be moved
(e.g. from -bad to -good).

> I also noticed that there are very few machines available with
> buzztard so I was wondering are there are any machines ported to
> buzztard or is the idea to relay for now on wine and the windows
> machines and later build Linux native ones?

Its a two way strategy. We support native gstreamer machines (which indeed are
only a few), LADSPA plugins via gstreamer ladspa wrapper and original buzz
pluggins via our buzz-wrapper. The buzz wrapper obviously is a hacky thing
(relies on reverse engineering) , only works on x86 and basically is there to
have backwards compatibility with buzz. We like to add support for native
buzzmachines where source is available. Thats a matter of time.

> Thanks!
>
> Hector

Ciao
  Stefan