[LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

Steve Harris steve at plugin.org.uk
Wed May 9 16:43:03 UTC 2007

On 9 May 2007, at 17:19, Dave Robillard wrote:

>> Optional support for fundament things is not a solution.
>
> None of the things you have mentioned have any /actual/ reason to
> go in
> LV2 itself, except the sample rate issue which does need to be figured
> out.  I'm for making it a rational number or double; locking it as an
> int for no reason when there's any reason for something better at
> all is
> short-sighted.
>
> I do think I vaguely remember some reason why floating point sample
> rates aren't good though.... ?

Probably, but sometimes you just have to be realistic. I'm happy to
go with double sample rates if no one screams. I've had a quick look
at my code and it should be an easy transition - the most common
thing I do with the sample rate is cast it to a float or double and
store it somewhere anyway.

- Steve