[LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

Richard Spindler richard.spindler at gmail.com
Thu May 10 07:35:32 UTC 2007

2007/5/10, Dave Robillard <drobilla at connect.carleton.ca>:
> Regarding the one sensible thing you /have/ said:  is sample rate as a
> double sufficient, or is there a good reason for numerator/denominator

using a double as samplerate is highly undesirable, because for
example someone might want to test for specific samplerates, like

if ( samplerate == 44100) { ... }

And this cannot be done with a float value with the necessary "exactness". ;-)

I do support the proposal to use two integer values.

Cheers
-Richard

--
Are you teaching the What and the How but without the Why and the When?