[LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri May 11 14:07:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 03:33:04PM +0200, Lars Luthman wrote:

> That sounds like a good argument for two ints to me. Although you'd have
> to do a lot better than double if you wanted to represent irrational
> numbers in binary form. =)

Two 32-bit ints can represent (the non-integer part of) most (not all)
irrational values to better precision than a double. The algo to find
them is a bit mysterious but very simple. Simple example: 355/113 is
equal to pi with a relative error of less than 1e-7, not bad for two
3-digit numbers. It's not difficult to find two 32-bit ints that would
be better than a double.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !